- Reversible severe hereditary hemochromatotic cardiomyopathy.
- Madani TA; Bormanis J
- Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can J Cardiol, 13(4):391-4 1997 Apr
- Two cases of severe hereditary hemochromatotic cardiomyopathy are
reported. Both patients responded remarkably well to treatment and are leading
a normal life requiring no cardiac medications, following small volume
phlebotomies for two years combined, in the first three and six months of
treatment, with subcutaneous deferoxamine mesylate.
- Unique Identifier
- MESH Headings
- Adult ; Case Report ; Deferoxamine TU ; Hemochromatosis
DT/*GE/*TH ; Human ; Male ; Myocardial Diseases DT/*GE/*TH ; Phlebotomy ;
Severity of Illness Index ; Siderophores TU
- Publication Type
- JOURNAL ARTICLE
- Country of Publication
- CAS Registry Number
- 0 (Siderophores); 70-51-9 (Deferoxamine)
All material on this website is
protected by copyright. Copyright ©
1994-2000 by Medscape Inc. All rights reserved. This website also contains
material copyrighted by 3rd parties. CME means Continuing Medical Education
credit is available. Medscape requires 3.x browsers or better from Netscape or Microsoft.